Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I currently have 2 cells in Excel and I'm trying to find a formula to display the percentage change between them.

For example:

  • If B2=100 and B3=102, the result should be: +2%
  • If B2=103 and B3=100, the result should be: -3%

What formula can I use to calculate this?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

=B3/B2-1 will do the job.

In case your number would be in percent and you'd want the change in %pts, this would be the formula =B3-B2 (though I don't think you're looking for that one)

share|improve this answer

Set 'result' format to Percentage and you're all set!

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .