Last year, I had no trouble with doing the following:
- Create virtual machine
- Set network adapter to bridged adapter
- Set static IP
- Guest connects to Internet, host connects to guest @ 192.168.1.xxx
Bought a SSD, reinstalled Win7, programs etc., cannot accomplish the same.
Scenario 1: bridged adapter + leave /etc/network/interfaces left as dhcp, I can ping out from guest.
Scenario 2: bridged adapter + /etc/network/interfaces set to static, host can connect to guest, but guest cannot see WWW.
This interfaces setting used to work for me:
- auto eth0
- iface eth0 inet static
- address 192.168.1.111
- netmask 255.255.255.0
- gateway 192.168.1.1 [or gateway 192.168.56.1]
from Vbox [not enough points for image]
- Host-only network details
- IPv4 Address: 192.168.56.1
- IPv4 Network Mask: 255.255.255.0
Host network like:
- VirtualBox Host Only Network
- Unidentified Network
- VirtualBox Host Only Network Adapter
Wireless Network Connection
Belkin USB Wireless Adapter
I have tried abandoning the bridged adapter for NAT+Host only as I've seen in several posts like this one, but the results are the same.
Thanks for your suggestions.