I recently started to build a LAN using D-Link switch and I got some issues with it.
My network scheme:
-- is the Ethernet cables
| Internet access via modem| -- | | | PC w/ Ubuntu and Windows | -- | [D-Link switch] | | PC w/ UbuntuServer 12.04 | -- | |
As you can see all PCs and Modem are connected to 5-port switch via Ethernet cables.
When I try to access the PC with Ubuntu Server installed, I got an error:
Connection to port 22 refused by server.
Please, help me to solve this.
I'm not lazy, so I googled this problem for 2 consecutive days.
1) I can ping this server from PC with Windows OS and Ubuntu: (
ping 172.16.0.100 )
2) I checked open ports on the server using
nmap. Result shows that only 139 and 445 ports are open.
3) Firewall is inactive
4) I ran commands to open 22th port on the server, so I consider they supposed to be open.
5) OpenSSH server installed and running
6) Login credentials are correct
7) I'm able to connect via SSH to localhost on the server, (
ssh localhost )