I have noticed that all of my web application files turned green color, which means they are encrypted. I have never applied encryption to these files.
When I right-click the file, then go to Properties->General->Advanced and un-tick encryption and then click OK and Apply, I get the following error:
Error Applying Attributes An error occurred applying attributes to the file: Path:\Filename Access is denied
When I right click again on the file and go to Properties->General->Advanced->Details it says that file is encrypted by me with certificate. Checked the certificate and it is ok.
After hours spent on forums here is what I tried without any success (still cannot delete/copy/edit files):
- Got full control for encrypted folder and files
- Got ownership of the encrypted folder and files
- Got ownership of the System Volume Information folder
- Tried removing and adding same certificate under Properties->General->Advanced->Details
- Tried turning UAC off
- Ran full system scan for malware and viruses
This is a production system, so I cannot keep restarting it to try different things. Any help would be appreciated