Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does someone know how I can use autohotkey to replace the horizontal screen function of my gaming mouse with a volume up and down feature? Most people in these forums are trying to enable horizontal scrolling and that is not what I am doing. I want to use the scroll wheel to change volume. Thanks for any help

share|improve this question
@andrewdotnich honestly, I doubt a single person would read through all of that, ever – user1306322 Dec 23 '13 at 21:43
@user1306322: ok, tl;dr: "So next time you’re considering asking a question, you’d better be ready with a convincing answer when you’re asked “What have you tried?” If your answer amounts to “not a lot”, take my word for it: the next question you get back will be “then why should I help you?”" – andrewdotnich Dec 24 '13 at 1:02



This link may also be of help:

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.