There are already some more or less generic like (Eye of Gnome) and specialized (rsvg-display) viewers that work on Linux. I find them not good enough hovewer, especially for viewing big things like this.
Are there any SVG viewers that satisfy the following:
- Convenient zooming and panning;
- Searching for text in svg;
- Quick: coarse mode when zooming/panning, fine mode when settled; avoiding full rendering when only part of the image is visible; caching;
- Nice to have: FireBug-like debugger.
I tried the following:
- rsvg-display: not convenient zooming, not so fast, no searching;
- inkview: too simple, no zooming, no searching;
- firefox: can't zoom SVGs even though it can scale regular pictues;
- eog: rasterizes before viewing, slow, no searching;
- gpicview: rasterizes before viewing, fast enough; scaling not convenient, no searching;