I encountered a strange problem today. When compiling a C++ project using a Makefile, I generate a file called temp.log. It contains info about warnings should they be printed. However, I accidentally interrupted the compilation process, and now I cannot access the temp.log file.
Here are the things I've tried:
- Delete the file in explorer. It disappears from the folder, but it's impossible to create a new file with the same name except for when I run my Makefile, but it fails after that since no data can be written to it.
- chmod it to 0777 in MSYS. Access denied.
- Change the owner to my account. Access denied.
- Try to access it through the command prompt run as administrator. Access denied.
- Switch to the hidden Administrator account and access it that way. Access denied.
- Use takeown as the admin account. Access denied...
I'm at my wit's end. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.