I'm trying to extract files from a zip file on Windows 7. The filenames are in Japanese, but they just look like éñé▀é─é±é─ü[é╓é┐éσèGòùé▄é╟é⌐üÖâ}âMâJâZâbâg20110423. They include a 3D model file and it's resources, so if I don't extract it with the right names, the model won't load right. I've worked around this before by setting Windows to use Japanese by default for non-Unicode applications, but that does funny things to other programs. I've also tried running 7zip using AppLocale but that doesn't seem to do anything. Is there some way I can do this without setting Windows back to Japanese?
Update: I just tried it with WinZip, and had the same problem. So WinZip, 7zip, and Windows Explorer do not work.
Update 2: Here's the filenames before switching the locale to Japanese:
01.é▄é╟é⌐.pmd 01.é▄é╟é⌐ò╧Égîπ.pmd 02.é│éΓé⌐ò╧Égîπ.pmd 02é│éΓé⌐.pmd 03.â}â~.pmd 03.â}â~ò╧Égîπ.pmd 04.âüâKé┘é▐éτò╧Égîπ.pmd 04.é┘é▐éτ.pmd 04.é┘é▐éτò╧Égîπ.pmd 05.ê╟Äq.pmd 05.ê╟Äqò╧Égîπ.pmd 06.charlotte.pmd 06.æσcharlotte.pmd map1.bmp metal.sph README.txt shirome.tga tateme08.tga water.bmp â^âÅâVPé╠README`
01.まどか.pmd 01.まどか変身後.pmd 02.さやか変身後.pmd 02さやか.pmd 03.マミ.pmd 03.マミ変身後.pmd 04.ほむら.pmd 04.ほむら変身後.pmd 04.メガほむら変身後.pmd 05.杏子.pmd 05.杏子変身後.pmd 06.charlotte.pmd 06.大charlotte.pmd map1.bmp metal.sph README.txt shirome.tga tateme08.tga water.bmp タワシPのREADME
The folder name changed from that first garbled line I mentioned to うめてんてーへちょ絵風まどか☆マギカセット20110423.