I have W7 laptops and two SONY Bluetooth audio devices: MRD-NWBT10 and SBH50. I have managed to make both work automatically such that when the Bluetooth device is OFF the audio comes from the laptop speakers, and when the Bluetooth device in ON the sound comes from the Bluetooth device (so far).
Two things I had to play with:
- Turn your computer BT adapter ON, make your computer discoverable,
and then turn your BT device on and put it in discoverable mode
- set up a paring
- right-click on the BT ICON and select SHOW ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES
- right-click on your BT device and select CONTROL
- when the dialogue box opens (and it might disappear quickly!) select CONNECT. For some reason this selection MUST be made by you.
W7 does not do it automatically
- W7 will then establish an "actual connection" to the BT device.
- right click on the speaker icon on bottom right of desktop
- select PLAYBACK DEVICES
- if the BT is DISCONNECTED you have to back and do #1. Make sure that #1 works!Remove your device and re-pair it if you have to.
- make the BT device the default device. Afterwards I found that when the BT device is ON it becomes the default, and when it is
turned OFF the default returns to the laptop speakers. Play with it.
I have no idea why I did not find this information anywhere else on the web. Number one (#1) 1 would have saved me a lot of poking and searching. But I am pleased now. And if the info does not work for you then at least you have more info as to what does NOT work.
AND if I had not been able to post here as a guest I would not have posted. Thanks!