Not sure what's going on here. I have a Buffalo that came with DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI(04/12/11)_std firmware.
I go into Services tab and under Static Leases set a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine's MAC address to a static IP, but it's not working. I set the static IP to 192.168.1.3 but this setting is ignored and the machine is given an IP address by DHCP, which results in random addresses like 192.168.1.57 or so.
So then I set Static IPv4 address on the machine itself. This works... mostly, except sometimes for some reason the machine likes to change its supposedly static IP address to something completely out of the subnet that is like 169.254.130.192
Very very weird, I haven't got a clue what's going on. I've never had this happened to me before.