I'm having a very similar issue here and don't feel confident on attempting to fix it without some knowledgeable guidance, hoping I can get some assistance
- I mount a volume onto my E partition which displays as D
- Container became unmountable after motherboard driver update
- After restoring the volume header from an external backup I was able to mount
- Then disk showed that it needed to formatted but I was able to overcome that issue.
- I wasn't able to recover any data with GetDataBack, Recuva, or PhotoRec.
- D\: Is Not Accessible :: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48637/Share...3_14-26-22.jpg
- I mounted the volume and opened it up in Winhex. While there is a lot of random information there are very large blocks of readable information such as chat logs and emails.
- I get this error :: Drive D: Cannot open "$MFT". Unexpected data at offset C0000000 and offset 2000, Res=-9, Res2=-9
I just need a gentle push towards getting MFT restored and it looks like I'll be off and running.
current status http://i.imgur.com/jvUypaM.jpg