I am trying to write a batch script that will run automatically daily to do the following:
- Move files older than 2 days to from the main directory (Jason) to an archive directory.
- Zip files in the archive directory that are older than 1 week and delete files from this directory that are older than 6 months.
- I want to run this script from a different directory (not the directory that has the files).
I wrote the following script but it’s not working correctly.
REM move files older than 2 days to an archive directory robocopy D:\Agentrics\integration\incoming\Jason D:\Agentrics\integration\incoming\Jason\archive /MOV /MINAGE:2
- How can I change the command below to zip files older than 1 week?
- Is it possible that the zipped files can have the same creation date and time as the original files?
REM zip all files in the backup directory FOR %%A IN (*.TXT*, *.cpi*) DO "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe" a -r "%%~nA.zip" "%%A" FOR %%A IN (*.TXT, *.cpi) DO DEL "D:\Agentrics\integration\incoming\Jason\archive\.cpi*" "%%A" REM Delete all files in the backup directory that are older than 6 months forfiles /p D:\Agentrics\integration\incoming\Jason\archive /s /m *.* /d -500 /c "cmd /c del /q @path"