I'm looking for a way to isolate a smart card driver that is downloaded through Windows Update when I put it the first time on an RFID reader. The idea is then to install that driver on multiple Windows 7 computers where Windows Update is disabled. Ideally, I'd like this driver to be detected automatically on the machines.
How do I do that?
- Putting the card on the reader on Win 7 machines with Windows Update disabled shows a "Drivers not found" error popup.
- The driver doesn't seem to be available as a stand alone download on the Windows Update Catalogue, or is too hard to find.
- The driver isn't available from the smart card manufacturers website.
- The reader driver is not the issue - it's installed and works on all machines.
- The workaround suggested on the technet kb article 976854 for this issue is not applicable to my situation: group policy modifications to disable smart card PnP is prohibited in my environment