I am working at home and want to wake a computer in the corporate network. I have a VPN connection from my Windows 7 PC to the ISA server that operates as RAS server.
Wake-on-LAN is based on UDP/IP and should be sent to the broadcast MAC address. When I try to send a packet to the network broadcast address at my PC it looks like it is not forwarded to the corporate network.
Is it possible to configure the VPN client and the ISA server so that wake-on-LAN packets go though?
For clarification I have some addresses:
- home PC VPN adapter address 192.168.1.93 [varies on RAS dial-in]
- wake-on-LAN PC 192.168.1.22
- ISA PC 192.168.1.1
I have some further addresses that should not care:
- ISA external address 126.96.36.199
- home PC LAN adapter address 192.168.73.10
- home PC NAT router address 192.168.73.1
- home PC NAT external address [varies on DSL connect]