I have a Dell Inspirion 5520 that has Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 built in.
Also I have a TP link TL-WR740N wireless router.
I have an 80Mbps/25MBps internet connection.
My Speedtest result with no router:
When I connect all these via an Ethernet cable, I get the maximum even through the router:
But when I try to do the same with WiFi I get 30/20 Maximum speed, and I'm sitting next to router!
I have this configuration:
- Channel: auto
- Mode: 11n only
- Channel width: 40Mhz
- Max Tx rate: 150Mbps
- Enabled Wireless Router Radio
- Enabled SSID Broadcast
- Security: WPA- AES
- Beacon Interval : 100
- RTS Threshold: 2346
- Fragmentation Threshold: 2346
- DTIM Interval: 1
- Enabled WMM
- Enabled Short GI
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230:
- 802.11n Channel width for band 2.4 : Auto
- 802.11n Mode: enabled
- Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g: 1
- Ad Hoc QoS Mode: WMM enabled
- Bluetooth(R) AMP: Enabled
- Fat Channel Intolerant: Disabled
- Mixed Mode Protection: CTS-to-self Enabled - Roaming Aggressiveness: 3. Medium - Transit power: 5. Highest - Wireless Mode: 802.11b/g
I do get the fact that speed through wireless is slower than with wire, but losing 50Mbps is a bit too much!