A friend at a company I know has a fairly new Windows 7 laptop. She was complaining that the "internet doesn't work".
After looking at it the first time, in
Wireless > Status > Properties > TCP/IPv4; the
DNS server had changed from
Obtain automatically to
Changing this back to
Automatic brought the interwebz back to life.
Since then, it happened again. So I changed it back.
Then it happened again. Last night I changed it back to
Automatic again and ran a virus scan with AVG - it came back clean.
Today, after my friend got the laptop back to the office, it had changed back to
192.168.0.1; it needs to be on
Automatic to work.
Why does the DNS server keep changing from
No other wireless machines (XP PC's/Win 7 laptops) are affected.