Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to create some lines in MS Word 2010 to write some comments. I would like when someone prints the documents to write on the lines. However, if someones wants to fill in the comment electronically the line to be decreased/deleted as he/she types the comments. How can I do this?

Thank you

share|improve this question
Not sure if what you want, but :… – Gjordis Mar 5 '13 at 11:33
Can you share with us what you've tried? SuperUser is a place where we try to help those who have tried themselves to resolve something, but get stuck or run into a problem. You improve your chances of getting a response if you provide details of what you've already tried. This does two things; 1) lets us know you are willing to put in an effort and not expect someone else to just do it for you, and 2) helps us to not suggest what you've already tried. – CharlieRB Mar 5 '13 at 12:46
I know you requested Word but I would suggest looking into Acrobat. Acrobat has a form option that can be submitted electronically and print options that are best suited for what you are trying to do. – Darth_Vader Mar 5 '13 at 21:39
@Gjordis,I'd like to apologize but I didn’t know how Superuser works. Trying to find a solution, I found this forum and I made my question. – Tass Mar 8 '13 at 10:21
My problem: In a Word document I want to create a space where someone can write comments. What I have done up to now is to create from the Developer a Rich Text Content Control and I have inserted some lines in case someone wants to printout the form. I would like though if someone wants to write something electronically, the line to be deleted automatically (and not by the user, if possible) and not to move along with the text. You may see the control below: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_____________________________________________________________________ – Tass Mar 8 '13 at 10:21

I believe that you can get the effect that you want by setting a single tab stop at the right margin, using line style, and then type a Tab.

share|improve this answer

It sounds like you want to add a line where people can type in some words like a fillable form or print out the doc and fill it in by hand.

To do this, you have two options depending on how your end result will be:

Option 1 - Use a once Cell Table with only the bottom border visible.

Option 2 - Insert a Line and Wrap the text to either Behind or in Front of Text.

Though if you want to do forms right, you would turn it into a PDF with fillable forms, but that requires paid software that you probably don't have.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .