How do I get my Windows 8 Metro apps to load? The tiles update, but when I click on them, they spin around and show the solid splash screen, then disappear. Only the Store app opens. I've tried:
- Setting user access control to one notch below the top.
- "Refresh My PC" (Don't do this - waste of time. Deletes all your desktop apps too.)
- Turned off real time scan of my McAfee anti virus.
- Went into Store app and updated apps.
- Ran the App Troubleshooter.
This is a new computer. I've already ran Windows update. They worked the first few days.
Here is a list of some event log errors: http://pastie.org/6415709