Win7 64bits up-to-date (March 7th 2013)
I get apache 2.2 installed and it worked fine in the past (weeks/month/years ago), with php5.
To day I needed apache for some tests so I run it (apache monitor). However I got an error (surprise, wasn't it OK before ?).
edited March 23rd :
Windows AUC was set to level 2 and that caused the described issues.
(same issues with level 1)
When I reset AUC to lowest level, things went back to normal.
So I changed the Title.
So I started investigating apache config files (from experience issues are often there...) and ended up totally puzzled.
- I restarted from the conf/orig/httpd.conf (the saved original apache config file) and copied it back to apache/conf folder.
- Apache starts fine.
However, I can't update it (why ?)
- So i create another http.conf.my in same folder to edit and play upon.
- I remove conf.httpd
- I rename httpd.conf.my into httpd.conf
- Looks like apache works fine.
- I copy httpd.conf into httpd - copie.conf
And then (I am not mad as I could reproduce this several times just to beleive it) :
- PSPAD/diffText shows:
- httpd - copie.conf is exactly the same as conf/orig/httpd.conf (all my modifs are lost)
- I double check httpd.conf and I can see my modifs there.
- So what the hell happened when I copied httpd.conf into httpd - copie.conf ?
I just have no idea what could go wrong.
I checked the C: drive with windows drive check tool (requires reboot) which found no issue.
It looks like there are two httpd.conf :
- One (the apache original one which I copied from apache/conf/orig) which does not show any more in apache/conf and is the apache original one.
- One (the one with my edits) which fools me
It looks like when I copy httpd.conf, win7 takes the hidden one.
I beleive apache too takes the hidden one.
I noted too :
- I edit httpd.conf with notepad++ : I can see my edits (yes it is the content of httpd.conf.my. I close
- I remove httpd.conf
- I refresh the folder and indeed httpd.conf is not there
- Under notepad++ file menu (file history), I can reopen httpd.conf
- It shows with my edits. I edit and save
- the file httpd.conf does not show in the folder
I tried to reproduce this with another file on my desktop.
At step 4 Notepad ++ warns that the deleted file does not exist and propose to create ...
My questions are :
Can anybody understand what happens ?
What can I do so solve the issue ? (= be able to edit and save my edit trustfully).