We have a windows xp machine running IE8, if it tries to download files the download either sticks @ 0% and nothing happens - no error, no progress bar - as if the download isnt starting at all.
Sometimes (on tiny files) the download will shoot to 99% then stop dead, again, no errors, no file written etc.
We have tried the following already:
- index.dat was deleted by logging off, rebooting, logging back in with a different user and deleting the index.dat of the user having the problem.
- Full IE reset – still didn’t work
- Putting an example site in Trusted Sites – still didn’t work
- Un ticking read-only on all temporary folders – still didn’t work
- Uninstalling IE8 and reverting to IE7 works in the sense that downloads work once again however re-installing IE8 afterwards just restored the problem and downloads are now broken again?
- Tried turning off ESET realtime protection - still didn't work
Running out of ideas - am i missing something obvious?