Cell A1 = 2/3/2012
A2 is empty
A3 is empty
A4 = 3/7/2012
A5 is empty
A6 is empty
A7 is empty
What I want to do is:
- select the complete list (A1 to A245),
- take some action (e.g., click a button) that will automatically select only blank cells,
- enter a formula (or a constant),
- press Alt+Enter
and have the blank cells filled with that value.
But this doesn't happen.
- I can't select all the non-empty cells.
- Even if I select the non-empty cells manually, I can't fill them with Alt+Enter; the error message is displayed as "Insert into multiple selection not possible" (LibreOffice 3.6).
I have to use this feature for audit. (It can be done in Microsoft Excel by the "Go To" function, then select 'blanks').