I am wondering if there is anything I can do to lower or prevent VGA cable interference? I have a PC with a HD 7850 OC 2gb linked to a 1080p VGA only monitor. The display always has fluctuating horizontal bands in graphics heavy programs (like games), much more noticeable in dark areas but present everywhere. Here are the things I have tried and that haven't helped;
- Different cable with ferrite cores. No change
- Everything plugged into different sockets. No change
- Different VGA only monitor. No change
- Vertical sync on. Off. Forced. Every availible resolution. No change
- Wrapped the vga cable in tin foil and duck tape (don't laugh, read it as a suggestion on another forum :P). No change
Swore and threatened cables/PC equipment. No change
Is there anything at all I am missing? I really cant afford to buy a new HDMI monitor at the moment as I just got the HD7850 and that took me months to save for :/ Anything at all worth a shot?
Thanks for any and all replies in advance.