Well going all in: assigning all my 72 point as bounty to this question!
How to run a command line program on remote Windows computers with out installing additional software (aka ssh). All recommendations on the web/stackoverflow fail following basic needs:
- The remote program shall be able to access a network share (read/write)!
- The output of the program shall be captured (back to controlling computer)
- Automat-able to run from a script (i.e. python)
I have looked at following:
- WMI -- can run a program but it cannot access network shares and output is not visible (fire and pray method?)
- WinRM -- supposedly can access network shares but setup is beyond complicated (seems to require not self-signed certificates and entring password, which fails C)
- PsExec -- cannot run executable from network path
Environment: all Win 7, can run as local admin