A friend of mine turned on their computer today and Firefox did not open any webpages they tried to navigate too (namely mail.google.com).
Anyway, they called me up since I do tech support and this one has me stumped...
- LogMeIn works when I connect to the computer.
- Internet Explorer works to open webpages.
"Network and Sharing Center" show that the internet works.
Firefox opens local webpages (ex. router's config).
- Command's ping function does not work (I tried various websites, including Google.com).
- I tried to change the computers DNS to Google's (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) which does not fix this.
- I tried to flush the DNS.
- Additionally using IPs directly do not work (except in IE, of course).
- Windows Update is not able to locate servers.
Skype does not connect.
Hosts files has not been modified.
- Windows has not been updated since October 2012.
- Firefox does not have custom proxy settings.
- Firewall is turned off (only while I work on it).
- Computer has been restarted many times since this problem.
Ideally, I could like to be able to resolve this remotely as her computer is located about an hour away.
- Windows 7 x64
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- ISP: Hughesnet