I tried to install Windows 8 on a computer. I had some problems, so these are the steps I ended up taking:
- Install Windows 8 over Windows 7
- I got confused and installed Windows 8 again xP
- When the OS was starting, it never got to the login screen - it would just sit at a blank blue screen after loading
- I used the installation disc to repair the OS
Now Windows 8 is working correctly, but I'm bothered because I never saw any screens during the installation process that let me set up the default account or prepare any other settings. When the log-in screen appears, I don't know what information to put in to log in.
So here are the questions I have:
- Am I supposed to see any screens asking me to configure Windows before installation is completely finished?
- Is there a default username and password I can use to log into my machine or some way to connect to an on-line account that will give me administrator access over my machine to set up a local account?
- Would it be worth re-installing Windows 8 one more time to make sure I see the configuration options?
EDIT: I just finished talking to Microsoft support about the issue. The technician told me this:
I see, this issue is normally related to Sony and Dell computers, basically the Video Driver is not available on the PC, so I recommend you to contact them, in order to get the instructions to access the PC and install the Drivers !
I have a Sony Vaio, so now I'm off to talk to Sony...