I am a Windows user and used to use:
- ccleaner for managing installed application
- ccleaner for managing registries of windows
- disk defragmentation, ChekDisk, for disk (built-in Windows)
- ccleaner for clearing my all history at a single shot.
- I would use boost xp to manage xp.
- Similarly, I would increase the virtual memory from options for faster performance.
I was explaining here - that If I am a windows user I do above things to manage my OS properly.
I want same here for Mac OS X.
I would like to find out your techniques regarding managing Mac OS X.
One technique per answer please & if possible please give brief description.