I've got HP Pavilion dv6-6167cl Entertainment Notebook PC which is very slow under Windows 8.
I previously had Windows 7, and currently I have "clear" Windows 8 with 5 installed apps.
There is 2-5 sec delay whenever these actions are performed:
- Select font in Word 2013 with it's preview feature;
- Open an Open/Save File/Folder dialog window. For example, when I attach a file for email I wait 3 sec. to see the dialog window or to scroll after the dialog window's opening or to switch among folders;
- Click select all files (check boxes) to download in uTorrent;
- Open My Computer or disks (C, D...) or folders;
- Click Charms->Settings->Power to see an appearing box with options Sleep, Shutdown, Restart.
- Close a file (image, doc);
- Switch between windows and etc.
CPU's utilization is no more than 5% and it doesn't' happen every time but happens 20% of cases.
I cannot watch movies cause they get stuck every 10-15 sec. It doesn't matter what quality they have (1.4 GB or 8 GB) or what codecs/video drivers are installed (I've tried several). I had the same issue in Windows 7.
Windows 8 rates my laptop at 5.2
How to fix this problem?
Following suggestions I installed all HP/Intel drivers and used Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer working in Word 2013.
Does this graph http://i.stack.imgur.com/1EQbN.jpg show any issues?