I want to install a router (D-LINK DIR-615). I connected one end of the ethernet cable to the internet port on the router and to other end to a port on the Internet Service Provider modem. Then I connected my macbook pro to the router with another ethernet cable.
Then I typed 192.168.0.1 in the browser and I got the d-link install screen. The problem is no matter what I do the "globe" on the router stays red, so I can't get internet connection.
One of the error messages I get is: WAN subnet conflicts with LAN subnet.
What I do during the setup:
- I choose Internet connection setup wizard and click next.
- Set a password and click next.
- Select time zone and click next.
- I choose static ip adress connection.
- I enter the ip adress, subnet mask, gateway adress, primary DNS adress, secondary DNS adress and click next.
- Reboot now.
But the "globe" on the router stays red.