The internet connection is sometimes really slow and I get frequent disconnects on laptops
- The WIFI connection gets really slow during evenings (~5kbps) and my laptop (Lenovo z570) frequently disconnects. This happens on a Win 8 laptop and on a Macbook too.
- My Win 8 laptop worked fine until now everywhere else (and ive been using it in a lots of places) and I know, that its wireless has a bit better range than the iPad.
- the two iPads (iPad 2 and 3) in the house seem to work much better: 3-4x speed and never disconnects.
- The WIFI connection to the router is actually the problem, if I try to open 192.168.0.1, I get around 4kbps speed
- Virgin media subscription, ~5MB down, ~1MB up
- Router: netgear Virgin media super hub VMDG480 - we can have up to 10 devices connected to this at times.
- The win 8 laptop works perfectly in other places, and has no crap installed.