I just moved.
When I setup the PC I started to get CPU overheating errors from BIOS on bootup, up to 87 Celsius.
Since it had been 1.5 years and I was afraid the grease had broken up, I decided to reapply thermal grease with AS05 and used lint-free gauze and Isopropyl alcohol to clean off the HSF and CPU.
I'm not used to the heatsinkfan and struggle with installing it at first. something could have occurred here.
I was lazy and did not unpack my static band.
After replacing all the parts I pushed the button.
No boot. No power light. No fans, including PSU fan turns on.
The light on the motherboard is on.
I grab a paperclip, test the PSU and fans turn on. PSU is good.
Now I'm curious, is it the CPU or the motherboard I fried?