I have an issue where my computer/motherboard won't turn on, I am not sure if it is fried but when the ethernet is plugged in the light on the switch turns on, meaning that some kind of current is passing through my machine.
The machine was turning on but while plugged into an extension cord it turned off, and will not turn back on. Possible surge? Possible low rated extension cord? I don't know the gauge of the cord but it has been used for high powered lawn equipment outdoors for many years.
Is there a way to determine if my mobo is fried without switching power supplies? When I turn on and off the PSU, my lights flickr, which they do whenever something somewhat high powered is turned on. How to proceed?
Would the components on the board like the memory and gpu be fried too