My problem occurred literally over after my switch crashed. Resetting the switch brought everything back to normal except my Win 7 laptop lost connection to my network share. The Win 8 desktop can still access the share as normal, so I tested the following on my laptop:
- The server can be reached and pinged by IP
- ... and its netbios name.
nbstat -a SERVERshows its name in the list, so netbios seems to work.
- The network browser does list some devices, but not all.
- clicking on any machine as well as my laptop itself does result in
\\LAPTOPis not accessible.(... due to) permissions. Entering
\\localhostresults in Windows cannot access \localhost, check spelling
- Sharing any folder results in Your folder can't be shared.
net share testShare=z:\Vidsstill adds testShare to the shared list, but still sharing isn't working.
- Both interfaces WLAN / LAN. LAN connected to the same switch as the Desktop.
- disabling the firewall and AVG Antivirus
- checked in the sharing center
- Home network, LAN connection, Homegroup joined
- Network discovery on, file and printer sharing on
- Adapter Settings: QoS, File and Printer Sharing, IPv4, LL Discovery I/O and Responder
wmic service where name="SSDPSRV" get name, state
wmic service where name="upnphost" get name, state
wmic service where name="FDResPub" get name, state
all return true.
- where I can find detailed log messages why it's not working any more or
- how to reset all windows sharing (smb) configuration
- or any other suggestions?