powercfg -energy report I find two suspicious entries :
USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance (Plugged In)
The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes.
You might consider disconnecting all unneeded USB devices after reviewing their power options, as well as setting the wireless on battery to some power-saving mode,
but I don't believe that this alone will fix the problem.
I don't know if the above warnings are connected to the problem, but my advice is:
- Update all drivers and firmware (including BIOS) from the G74Sx download page.
- Run Windows Update, Search for updates, and patch everything including optional updates. Reboot and repeat until no more updates are found.
- If the problem remains, run Microsoft's USB troubleshooter from Internet Explorer
- If nothing works, do Repair Install to
fix Windows and preserve user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.
- I advice against the obvious next step - reinstalling Windows.
In the worse case, one can create a batch script for turning on the wireless so as to make
it easier on you.