This question already has an answer here:
PLEASE HELP - but this is NOT A DUPLICATE question - please don't mark it as such before reading it. Several people marked last posting that way - clearly didn't read it. Yes, I have read through these forums for a few hours to no avail.
I have a Win7 laptop with a 750Gig C: drive. It came partitioned with 714Gig usable from manufacturer. I installed programs, music files, etc up to 285 gigs. As of a few weeks ago it showed 285 Gigs. Two weeks of house guests later and it shows HD is full. I deleted some files but it still shows 652 Gigs on this drive while there are only 285 Gigs on drive. Relevant details:
- I am Administrator on laptop and have fair knowledge of what I am doing.
- I did not restore from backup, restore from mirror, upgrade HD's or anything else that would have touched the partition structure. Just daily use as imaging machine and web.
- I have checked partitions under disk administrator - no change, still partitioned with 714Gigs usable.
- Have looked through computer C drive by hand showing Hidden files and folders - no change.
- I have used JDisk Report to double check - it shows I have only 285 Gigs on C drive.
- I triple checked with TreeSize run as Administrator and it also shows 285 Gigs on C drive - yet Windows 7 still shows almost full.
- I used Windows 7 Utilities to Check for Disk Errors, and Defragged the drive. No errors shown and no change after Defrag.
I am stumped, and since this is a laptop from the factory, I really don't want to have to Format my HD.