Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to rebind the Down Arrow key to Tab key and Shift+Tab to Up Arrow key. I have installed the keyconfig addon - I can rebind the keys with this addon but i can't find the source code for Down Arrow and Up Arrow key.

I assume that there is a javascript code that represent these two keyboard keys. Can someone tell me what is the code i should use for them?

share|improve this question
Have you considered using autohotkey? This looks the simplest way for me but maybe you have good reasons not to. – m4573r Apr 3 '13 at 17:10
I want to do the rebinding inside Firefox. I found the source code the two keys, but i don't know how to use them in a script: DOM_VK_UP 0x26 (38) Up arrow; DOM_VK_DOWN 0x28 (40) Down arrow – peter7558 Apr 3 '13 at 17:47
Well, AHK allows you to make bindings for a specific application, or window even... – m4573r Apr 3 '13 at 18:26
I want to rebind the keys only when the bookmarks menu is opened and this can not be done with AHK script. – peter7558 Apr 4 '13 at 8:34
Indeed. But this is why I was asking :) You should add this precision in the question though. – m4573r Apr 4 '13 at 8:55

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .