I need some help hooking up my Scarlett 2i2 in Ableton so that I can record audio input.
Here are the steps that I recall:
- Plug in the scarlett unit to my mac via usb
- plug in my mic to the 1st input port
- open ableton live preferences and select the scarlett unit as the audio input device
- go to the input config and make sure that both options are yellow
- go to the arrangement view and click the \'i-o\' button
- for a audio track choose Ext. In
- at this point, when things were working for me at home, I would make sounds for the mic to pick up and the gain light would be green as well as the \'1\' channel in Ableton (they would be green as I made sound). Now though only the green light around the gain knob on the scarlett unit is green and Ableton doesn\'t recognize the sound.
- hit the record buttons and start playing
Step 8 used to record sound for me, and now it\'s just a flat line.
These steps seem to match the videos that I\'ve seen provided on youtube, so I must\'ve missed something here..