I've had this happen two different times:
- I backed up a client's hard drive to my large backup drive.
- I do initial Windows 8 setup on new Laptop.
- I pull the hard drive from the Windows 8 laptop and attach drive to my computer via SATA.
- I copy LARGE amounts of data into a folder (C:\Users\Public\RECOVERED)
- Install laptop drive back into Windows 8 laptop.
- Data is GONE! Also drive acts as if there is REALLY bad drive corruption!?
Am I doing something wrong here. I've been repairing computers professionally for over 12 years and have never run into something like this.
Does Windows 8 have something that thinks the data is some sort of Malware?