For a rather long period of time I have been having an increased ms when playing games etc. This always occurs when my girlfriend starts using her computer, so at the moment I believe that to be the evil that corrupts my otherwise beautiful internet connection.
Keep in mind that we have 5 computers, 4 smartphones + 3 consoles in this house, but the problem only occurs with my girlfriends computer. Everything is fine with everything else turned on. (And this is only when she is browsing. No other background applications are running.
I have tried more or less everything basic that I know:
- Installed new drivers
- Reset the router
- Used ethernet
- Virus scan, nothing found.
- Different browsers, reinstalled with no addons
- Reboot (of course)
- Disk Cleanup / Defrag
- Tried running wifi on different channels & Ghz
- Removed all wireless networks and readded
- Checked DNS settings
- I have also done a reinstall long ago, but the problem still persisted back then.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
- netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
I would appreciate any answers, as this is rather annoying. (I am sorry if I have any grammatical errors, English is not my primary language.)