Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am looking at nixing my DVD drive in my HTPC/Nettop box, and replacing it with a new HD. Where might I find a cover that would fill the gap where the DVD drive used to be on the case?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

check out this link there are videos and other information about the subject.

Basically it breaks down to four different caddy types:

  • SATA 12.7mm
  • PATA 12.7mm
  • SATA 9.5mm
  • PATA 9.5mm
share|improve this answer

The best place would be from the HTPC case manufacturer. They will have the bay covers that will match the color and finish for your model, as well as have the proper snapping connectors.

share|improve this answer

Applying some common sense to the problem, leaves me with following options:

  1. Go to a local PC (repairs) shop and ask to get or buy one such item in your preferred color
  2. Saw it out of wood and apply your favorite color
  3. Buy online
share|improve this answer
I'm not sure how to find these online. Is there a formal name for them? – monksy Apr 8 '13 at 21:06
Good question. I would start the search with "bay panel replacement HTPC" – Ярослав Рахматуллин Apr 8 '13 at 21:58
+1 for option 2 – warren Apr 12 '13 at 13:34

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.