Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

It's the first time I see those bar and can't figure out a way to remove them. My search on the web lead nowhere, I can't right click on it, it's only visible in the print layout view.

See image here:


share|improve this question
Have you tried clicking them and seeing if they are an object that can be deleted? Do they appear on a brand new document or just this one? – Adam Apr 10 '13 at 1:51
Hi, Adam. I tried clicking them without success. They can't be deleted. They don't appear on a brand new document but if I copy and past on a brand new document they will follow the content. – Francis Dumas Apr 14 '13 at 14:08
up vote 0 down vote accepted

It sounds like they are object of some kind which are part of the document content. Try turning on formatting marks and see if it is a shape or has an anchor. Otherwise try removing parts of your document one by one until it disappears. You can then narrow down where these objects are located.

share|improve this answer
Thank you so much Adam, this is fantastic. When I turned on the formatting marks I did not see any thing special but when I was done deleting everything, only the blue line and a page break remained. Selecting and deleting the page break did the trick. – Francis Dumas Apr 17 '13 at 1:14
@Francis, Interesting, I'm glad you found the source of the issue :) – Adam Apr 17 '13 at 2:02

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .