Default Image Viewer for Windows 7 doesn't do any smoothing when the image is zoomed. I hear that's the case with Windows 8's image viewer too. In Windows XP there was a different image viewer which did smooth out the images, and it was just great.
I just tried out the Microsoft Essentials Photo Gallery, and it's the same as Windows 7's image viewer — no smoothing.
Is there a way to bring the XP's image viewer to Windows 7, or enable Windows 7's viewer smoothing somehow, or should I switch to a different image viewer?
I'm looking for a 1 image viewer. That is, a single image should be shown, not the whole folder.
Must have features:
- Smooth scaling (preferably with mouse wheel, zooming in at cursor position)
- Keyboard arrows navigation (left and right arrow keys show next and previous images in folder)
- Fullscreen mode that goes full screen (not just maximized window)
- Side mouse button navigation (mouse4 and mouse5, navigate forward and backwards)
- Open images directly from Zip archives without unpacking the whole archive
In the end I didn't find an image viewer that perfectly suits my preferences, so I created my own with XNA.