So I bought WP8 device (HTC 8S) that I'd like to use as a hardware platform for some WP programming (I have an academic marketplace account, so I can authorize my phone for app deployment).
- V: VirtualBox 4.2.10 (Guest additions not installed).
- Host: Mac OS X 10.8.2
- Guest: Windows 8 64 bit.
I've set up USB 2.0 in virtual machine settings. I've set up automatic usb filtering so that when I connect my phone, it goes straight to virtual machine. Also I've set up 2d/3d acceleration.
Once, it worked ok, but I had to delete and reinstall Win8 and VS2012 and WP8 SDK (for some other reasons), and now I can't make the entire thing to work again.
Every time I connect my phone, windows 8 detects it as Other Devices - Unknown Devices. Tried many other USB ports on host PC - Nothing changes.
I've tried following instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749484 , but:
- I've reset the phone to factory, didn't help anything
- there's no "Delete the driver software for this device" when uninstalling the driver
- I've dowloaded winusb driver mentioned in the link, but when I try to 'update the driver', it tells me that there are no drivers in the folder where I unpacked them.
- After installing guest additions, the problem persists.
Goddamit, it worked perfectly once! So, please tell me, does anybody has any ideas what to do to make it work again?