Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I just bought a LG Z355 Ultrabook, ripped off Windows 8 and installed Ubuntu, wich is working perfectly. It has an ABNT2 keyboard layout with 4 keys in the right side of the keyboard to give fast access to win8 functionalities.

I'd like to use those keys as Pg UP, Pg Down, Home and End. Well, there are other keys that I'd like to change what they do. Another example: the only way to type / is via (Alt Gr + Q), I think I could use the Popup Menu key, wich is in the down right side.

Well, is there any way that I can determina the signal sent by a specific key in my keyboard arbitrarily?


share|improve this question

Autokey is a utility for linux that supports key remapping and automation, and might be of help.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .