Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional closes shortly after opening the application/program.
Error: "An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."
Attempts to remedy:
- Followed suggested course of action within the error message 'Please reinstall the application.' I uninstalled completely and reinstalled the program.
- Ran virus and malware scans on my pc and made sure no malware or viruses exist.
- Googled the error message and found nothing helpful in serps
- Posted issue in two forums thus far without any solutions offered to this point; Adobe Community Forum, and Fixya.com Forum
- Searched "SuperUser" Questions that may already have my answer and found nothing that would hlep.
Have had this program running on my system for over three years without a glitch whatsoever and it just now began giving me this error message each time I attempt to open it.
I believe that it may be malware related as my pc was recently infected with a couple of regenerating bugs. "Snap.do" and "Default Tab" malware bugs.
It acts like a vital portion of the program is being blocked from execution or has maybe been corrupted.
Looking forward to receiving a detailed solution to this problem.