I would like to install Linux Mint 14 in a spare logical partition, but am afraid it would overwrite the existing Grub2 which boots to Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7.
How best to proceed?
Current setup: Primary partitions:
- /dev/sda1 ext4 ubuntu10.04 /
- /dev/sda2 ntfs Windows 7
- /dev/sda3 reiserfs /home for ubuntu10.04 but will not be using it for Mint
- /dev/sda5 ext4 this is where I want to put all of Mint14
- /dev/sda6 swap will use for both Ubuntu and Mint
- /dev/sda7 ntfs spare storage
I USB booted Linux Mint 14 and am at Install(as Superuser) screen and it shows /dev/sda (the whole disk) as the device for boot loader installation.
Is this the correct place for the bootloader? Will it find Ubuntu10.04 and Windows7?