After I install Steam it gives me an error and say "steam.exe has been deleted but it's still there", then when repairing it says that I don't have permission to access steam.exe/steamtmp.exe
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition, it's a fresh install and not an upgrade.
Update: Solved the problem with a mix of all the suggestions. What I did was:
- Install it.
- When the update window open I close it immediately.
- Go to steam.exe, proprieties, compatibility > XP SP3 mode.
- Open it a let it update, after every update close it and run it again to let all the updates download.
- When it doesn't update anymore go to steam.exe and unchecked the compatibility mode.
- Start it normally with Win 7.
After that it worked with no problems.