Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

everyone talks about it but i have no idea what it is. Please enlighten me.

share|improve this question
add comment

2 Answers

up vote 6 down vote accepted

Like when you were typing the question, it's the little blinking | symbol. Hit F7 to turn it on, it'll let you more easily copy text with the keyboard, if that's your thing.

share|improve this answer
Well I never knew that... useful. –  pelms Oct 21 '09 at 21:20
add comment

Caret Browsing lets you use standard navigation keys on your keyboard e.g. Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, and the arrow keys to move around within a webpage (just like you would move around in a word document), instead of using the mouse.

share|improve this answer
Also helps with selecting text. –  Јοеу Oct 21 '09 at 22:51
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.