I have a VERY strange and not so covered issue with a specific Windows Build Server (Jenkins Slave).
In Jenkins I have a Job that pulls the latest code from a specific branch.
The actual command the git is trying to execute is:
git fetch -t origin +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
Before few hours, after working well for 1 month, suddenly the Job fails with this error:
ERROR: Problem fetching from origin / origin - could be unavailable. Continuing anyway hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe fetch -t origin +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status code 128: stdout: stderr: fatal: pack has 1 unresolved delta fatal: index-pack failed
I tried to find some posts about it over the web, but nothing came up...
Things I already tried:
- Uninstall git and install again
- Delete the workspace (which is deleted also by the job as the wipe out option is chosen"
- Delete ALL the workspace from the system
- git fsck - No interesting results
- git verify-pack - No interesting results
- git index-pack + the relevant pack file - No interesting results here as well
Some more (hopefully important) information:
- From this Server, when I am working via CMD / GitBash - The same issue persist
- From other Servers / PC, I am able to execute this command with the same git Repo that makes me troubles...
- Other tasks that work with different Git Repo on the SAME build Server works fluently.
I am LOST. Can someone shed some light on this?