When transferring files larger than ~17GB to/from a Windows Storage Server 2008, user gets error along the lines of "Could not complete transfer, do you want to try again?" Trying again always fails.
- I have tried using a different ethernet adapter, that did not help. (onboard Broadcom to PCI(e?)Intel)
- I updated the ethernet driver, that did not help
- Ran a SFC, that did not help.
- I tried having using xcopy, Robocopy and Richcopy, all of them fail (all with unbuffered IO enabled).
What could be the reason the files are failing? What else can I try?
- trying manually setting port and NIC to 1gbps/FD - didnt help
- I monitored the transfer, definitely on files that large, the machines memory usage skyrockets and ends up paging and cant keep up with the transfer. This is why unbuffered IO is necessary.