Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have an Macbook and I'd like to adjust this shortcut. The ` key is very close to the cmd key, and frequent use is contributing to RSI-type injuries in my left wrist.

If I can change the keyboard shortcut to something like cmd+§, I am hoping the wider span between the keys will help ease/ reduce pain.

I've tried setting this up in System Prefs but I'm not sure what the exact title of the shortcut should be in order to activate it.

share|improve this question

The cmd + ' keyboard shortcut can be found under Keyboard Shortcuts -> Keyboard & Text Input. It is called "Move focus to next window in application".

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.